News: Finished upgrading the Forum. Everything 'should' be working now. If you find something wrong (like with a template) or anything else, please let us know.

1 Guest, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:10:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Armor and Weapon  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Sasquatch

• Administrator
Armor and Weapon
« on: May 03, 2016, 05:30:35 AM »
Does having better armor and weapons actually help?

Those adventures where you get a whip and fedora sometimes doesn't give you back your armor or weapon when you finish. This isn't fun when you've just outlayed over 20000 gold for new weapon and armor.

The thing is that I haven't noticed any difference in win/loss rates when I'm wearing a whip and fedora than when I'm fully armored with the best I can get.

So... I guess I'm asking two questions:

1) Are you supposed to get your proper armor back after you've been on those adventures?

2) Is there any benefit in replacing the whip and fedora with the top armor?

Offline Raven

• Administrator
    • ShadowGuard: DragonLore
Re: Armor and Weapon
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 07:13:53 AM »
Yes you are supposed to get your normal weapon and armor back after you finish each part of that special. I've never had it not give me back my stuff so if it's not giving it back to you then that's something I need to look into and fix.

The fedora and whip aren't actually better or worse, they are just part of that special. But they have that same att and def as your own weapon and armor did (so basically it just changed the names). but still, it should have change the names back when you left that special.
Do you remember which artifact you were going after when this happened? Might make it easier to track down the bug.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:19:45 AM by Raven »

Offline Sasquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 12:59:00 AM »
Csn't remember the artifact, sorry. It's happened at least twice now. The second time was the most irritating as I'd only just (same 'day') purchased the new armor and weapon.

Offline Cryshalsing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 08:43:42 PM »
Yes you are supposed to get your normal weapon and armor back after you finish each part of that special. I've never had it not give me back my stuff so if it's not giving it back to you then that's something I need to look into and fix.

The fedora and whip aren't actually better or worse, they are just part of that special. But they have that same att and def as your own weapon and armor did (so basically it just changed the names). but still, it should have change the names back when you left that special.
Do you remember which artifact you were going after when this happened? Might make it easier to track down the bug.

The Whip and Fedora, IIRC, is a buff that lasts until the next New Day.  When you get a New Day it should give you back your old weapons and Armour.

Offline Raven

• Administrator
    • ShadowGuard: DragonLore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 08:55:29 PM »
The buff, yes. but he actually had the whip and fedora as a weapon and armor. However, like I said before, the change was in name only, they still have the same stats as the old set.

Offline Sasquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 02:17:51 AM »
Meh. Happened again. This game obviously doesn't like me.