News: Finished upgrading the Forum. Everything 'should' be working now. If you find something wrong (like with a template) or anything else, please let us know.

1 Guest, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 08:18:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not a Day Care:The Devastating Consequences of Abandoning Truth.  (Read 258 times)

Offline Sasquatch

• Administrator
A truly fascinating book by Dr. Everett Pipier, the President of Oklahoma Wesleyan University.

The book talks about the many issues that come from our present education systems, especially univesities. When we let 'safety' and 'comfort' over true education and truths, we have a real problem. Likewise when we put feelings over facts.

It's very easy to dismiss these people as irrelevant 'snowflakes' but they are going to be tomorrrow's leaders. They are going to be the ones that run the companies and - even more horrifying - fill the seats of Congress.

If you have a Kindle, there's a free sample (first chapter or so) available from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B01MYE6OTY/ref=kinw_myk_buy_now_title

It's quite an interesting book. I'd recommend it for anyone and especially those involved - or interested in - the education of our youth.

And to comply with the requirements of posting here, I just want to say the following.
"ALL HAIL THE BUBBLE TEA!"

Offline Sasquatch

• Administrator
Re: Not a Day Care:The Devastating Consequences of Abandoning Truth.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 05:18:29 AM »
If you're interested, do a search for Dr Everett Piper on youtube.

I first ran across the man watching some Bill Whittle. Here's the vid.