News: Finished upgrading the Forum. Everything 'should' be working now. If you find something wrong (like with a template) or anything else, please let us know.

1 Guest, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:03:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Deal or Raw Deal:  (Read 290 times)

Offline Sasquatch

• Administrator
New Deal or Raw Deal:
« on: June 17, 2017, 02:52:17 AM »
New Deal or Raw Deal: How FDR's Legacy Has Damaged America.

Another great book by Burt Fulsom.

FDR has often been hailed as one of the greatest of the US presidents who successfully guided America through the Great Depression.

This book blows that myth. It looks at some of the initiatives FDR initiated and looks at the taxes he implemented. He also argues that FDR's policies not only increased the effects of the Depression, but damaged America in a way that has lasted until today.

Another great read from Mr Fulsom. Again, it's packed with easy-to-read information.

Offline Cryshalsing

• Administrator
Re: New Deal or Raw Deal:
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:30:18 PM »
New Deal or Raw Deal: How FDR's Legacy Has Damaged America.

Another great book by Burt Fulsom.

FDR has often been hailed as one of the greatest of the US presidents who successfully guided America through the Great Depression.

This book blows that myth. It looks at some of the initiatives FDR initiated and looks at the taxes he implemented. He also argues that FDR's policies not only increased the effects of the Depression, but damaged America in a way that has lasted until today.

Another great read from Mr Fulsom. Again, it's packed with easy-to-read information.

I've contended for some time that Roosevelt's policies extended the depression by nearly a decade.

Offline Sasquatch

• Administrator
Re: New Deal or Raw Deal:
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 11:25:10 PM »
Gah. Noticed I keep misspelling his name. It's Folsom, not Fulsom. Sorry 'bout that.

We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong…somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises…. I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started…. And an enormous debt to boot!
Henry Morgenthau, Secretary of Treasury, 9 May 1939.