News: Finished upgrading the Forum. Everything 'should' be working now. If you find something wrong (like with a template) or anything else, please let us know.

1 Guest, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Missed you guys  (Read 505 times)

Offline Xylric

Missed you guys
« on: June 13, 2017, 02:16:33 PM »
Hey Cryshalsing & Raven.

Missed you guys, so when I figured out that you had a replacement forum up and running after Dark Waters expired, I hoped right on over. :)

Offline Cryshalsing

• Administrator
Re: Missed you guys
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:28:57 PM »
Hey Cryshalsing & Raven.

Missed you guys, so when I figured out that you had a replacement forum up and running after Dark Waters expired, I hoped right on over. :)

Missed you too Xylric.  I decided that RHJ was no longer a placed I wanted to frequent.

Offline Xylric

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 02:36:27 PM »
Understandable, considering that was the reason you started Dark Waters in the first place.

Offline Cryshalsing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 02:58:19 PM »
Understandable, considering that was the reason you started Dark Waters in the first place.

It is, but this was more...let's just say that the staff and I had a disagreement about what did and did not count as starting a fight.  I was basically told that I was wrong, that someone was not starting a fight with me and then had the same moderator ascribe motivations to me that were not there.  When I complained to another staff member of the timbre of that conversation, I was quite literally ignored.

I have noticed a decided deterioration of the quality of the mods over the last year or so and decided that it was no longer the place I wanted to be.

The point is, when you're constantly telling members not to react but to take it to the Mods, then when they do they are ignored?  That's not healthy for a community.

Offline Maulkin

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 06:50:20 PM »
*nods* I left for much the same reason. Basically, I told someone to leave me alone, or I'd tell them exactly what I think of them - I would not 'hold back'. Note that this did not actually occur, I was simply tired of this person needling me endlessly even when I wanted nothing to do with them.

The Grand User then sent me a warning, saying I needed to stop that; I informed him that, if the other user stopped bugging me, that would be that; if they did, I would tear into them. If this was unacceptable, I said, then TGU should ban me once I broke the rule. Again, I had not actually violated the rules yet (and whether what I would have said would violate the rules or not wasn't even firmly established).

So, TGU simply banned me from the debate hall. I insisted it should be all or nothing; that either he should ban me entirely from the forum, or he should lift the ban on the debate hall and let things proceed as they would. He refused. So, at that point, I spam-posted "TGU is a filthy hypocrite" all over the forum to force his hand.

I've since grown more... patient, in handling double-dealing moderators.

Anyway, good to see ya you crazy canuck! =p
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:51:07 PM by Maulkin »

Offline Xylric

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 01:39:27 AM »
I am not crazy.

I simply follow a different standard of sanity.

Offline Sasquatch

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 06:47:48 AM »
I am not crazy.

I simply follow a different standard of sanity.

Sanity? Mine went AWOL years ago. Haven't seen it since.

Offline Cryshalsing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 06:57:01 AM »
Sanity?  What the hell is that?

Offline Xylric

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 08:43:43 PM »
Exactly.